The Austin Electrical Training Alliance program is where IBEW Journeymen learn their skilled trade through two different programs:
- Journeyman Apprenticeship Program
- Construction Wireman/Construction Electrician (CW/CE) Program
Both of these training programs combine on-the-job, practical experience, classroom theory, mentoring by State Certified Journeyman Wiremen and testing provided by the Austin Electrical Training Alliance Committee.
Journeyman Apprenticeship Program
An apprentice in this program lasts for the duration of 4 years and includes three distinct parts that are required to Graduate:
- A minimum of 8000 hours of on-the-job training
- A minimum of 900 hours of classroom instruction
- Successfully pass the Journeyman Electrical Exam
Construction Wireman/Construction Electrician (CW/CE) Program
The Construction Electrician Program is a alternative pathway to become a Journeyman Electrician in the State of Texas. This program is different than our traditional 4-year apprenticeship earn while you learn program.
History of Austin ETA
Established in 1945, the Austin Electrical Training Alliance has been providing Austin and the Central Texas with quality, productive, trained and educated Electricians.
The AustinETA Program is jointly sponsored by the Central Texas Chapter of the NECA and IBEW Local Union 520.
Board of Directors
The Austin Electrical Training Alliance is governed by a Board of Directors.
Ben Brenneman – IBEW Trustee Committee Chairman
Ben Frank – NECA Trustee
Randy Eldridge – NECA Trustee
Alan Bryan – NECA Trustee Committee Secretary
Robert Villarreal – IBEW Labor Trustee
Rudy Wallace – IBEW Labor Trustee
Kasey Lansangan – IBEW Labor Trustee
Paul Mendoza – NECA Trustee
The Austin Electrical Training Alliance hosts its classes in over 27,000 square feet of flexible, accessible and technologically-advanced learning space.
We are able to accommodate the specific needs of the training program with the following:
- Nine (9) multiple-purpose instruction rooms able to accommodate 24 students. Each room is equipped with audio/visual equipment and whiteboards for instructor lecture and demonstration.
- One (1) large lecture hall that can accommodate 100 students. This room is also equipped with audio/visual equipment and whiteboards for instructor lecture.
- Two (2) large hands-on training labs with both power and hand tools.
- One (1) computer lab with 14 PCs. Students are able to use this for ad-hoc learning needs.
- High-speed internet accessible via secure wireless connection throughout the building.
- 250 parking spaces.